Mutual Fund Observer's premium site provides an expanded set of fund search tools and mutual fund ratings updated monthly
, plus additional
commentary that complements and previews our main site.
MFO Premium search tools feature:
- All U.S. Mutual Funds, ETFs, CEFs, and Insurance Funds, including all share classes.
- Selectable evaluation periods (lifetime, 20, 10, 5, 3, and 1 year, plus full, down, and up market cycles) for all risk and performance metrics.
- Fund ratings beyond those based on Martin Ratio, including Absolute Return, Sharpe and Sortino Ratios.
- Compact and sortable search table outputs.
- Expanded metrics, including Peer Count, Recovery Time, Correlation, and Rolling Averages.
is our main search tool. It will sort through
thousands of mutual funds based upon selectable criteria. More than 60 criteria can be selected simultaneously, like
Category, Bear Rating, No. of Equity Holdings, and MFO Rating. For example, up to 25 Catgeories may be selected, along with multiple risk characteristics.
Premium content also includes monthly updates of our Dashboard of Profiled Funds, Great Owls, Three Alarm Funds, Category Averages, and Fund Family Scorecard. Updates are
typically posted on the 4th or 5th business day.
As of 18 July 2018:
- Added Yearly Returns, Yearly Returns vs Peers, and Yearly Batting Average to Analyze tool of MultiSearch Results page.
- Database updated through June 2018 using Lipper Global Data Feed for U.S. funds.
- Site now using Lipper Global Data Feed, which will serve as basis for much expanded content.
- Added Upside Capture, Downside Capture, and Capture Ratio, across all 21 evaluation periods and versus SP500, USBond, US6040, and ACIxUS indexes.
MFO Premium is evolving: our current suite of tools is slated to expand as we add more functions that our readers and we, personally, have needed.
Premium MFO membership is $100 per year ($85 is tax-deductible
to the extent allowable under law). Create an account by clicking on LOGIN
above. Access is granted automatically after email verification and PayPal portal payment. Alternately, writing a check works.
Drop us an email
(email@example.com) when the check is in the mail and we will access you pronto.
Current subscribers can extend or renew subscriptions any time via ACCOUNT
tab. Subscriptions can be recurring or non-recurring.
Subscribers can post comments on commentary, submit guest articles, and offer site feedback on the Commentary
Or, please email